Once again, LinuxFest Northwest provided a full track of PostgreSQL talks during their two-day conference in Bellingham, WA.
Gabrielle Roth and I presented our favorite features in 9.0, including a live demo of Hot Standby with streaming replication! We also demonstrated features like:
- the newly improved 'set storage MAIN' behavior (TOAST related)
- 'samehost' and 'samenet' designations to pg_hba.conf (see CIDR-address section)
- Log changed parameter values when postgresql.conf is reloaded
- Allow EXPLAIN output in XML, JSON, and YAML formats (which our own Greg Sabino Mullane worked on!
- Allow NOTIFY to pass an optional string to listeners
- And of course - Hot Standby and Streaming Replication
The full feature list is available at on the developer site right now!